Updates and upgrades
The EasyScanCube software regularly receives new developments. These can be of 2 types: the updates and upgrades.
- Updates contain fixes, adaptations or software upgrades. These updates are free. They ensure the adapt the software to changes to operating systems or web browsers and take into account the release of new compatible camera. These updates may be used to correct a bug (yes, this also happens to us!); they also allow to benefit from functional enhancements and new software (see “Intermediate versions”).
Updates are sent to our customers while their software version is supported. If the computer used with the ScanCube is connected to the Internet, these updates are automatic each time the software is started, after acceptance by the user. We also offer a manual update procedure for those who use a computer not connected to the Internet.
- Upgrades are changes in the software that contain major new features: new functions, partial or total rewrite of the software, development of new algorithms, improvement in interface and or existing features. Upgrades are priced.
- Intermediate versions contain new functionalities that will then be integrated into the previous major release. They are launched to support new hardware (camera, accessories). Intermediate releases are part of the upgrade program and are free for customers who have acquired the previous major release.
- Version Numbering: each version of EasyScanCube software is referenced by a 7-digit number (eg 2.1.0.0005). The first digit indicates the major version, the second digit is the intermediate version number, the last 5 digits are used to reference the optimizations, minor changes and corrections.
#Our update and upgrade policy
- The ScanCube policy regarding support of its software is to keep operational the last and the second last major release. For example, ScanCube currently supports versions 1.9 and 2.0. All customers with a version 1.x have the opportunity to have free access to version 1.9. The upgrade version 1.x to version 2.0 is priced.
- Using a new major version does not require uninstalling the previous version. Different major versions of EasyScanCube can be used on the same computer, for example version 1.9 and version 2.0.
- A trial version of EasyScanCube 2.0 is available to all our customers. You can request a download link by contacting our sales department (+33 1 58 53 52 52) or your local retailer.
- The latest version of EasyScanCube is 2.0. Version 2.1 is distributed in “beta 2”. Version 2.2, currently under development, will be available in April 2016.
Version 2.0 of EasyScanCube introduces many new features, including setting up the studio in 1 click (camera, lights, automatic corrections), hyper sharpness through stacking, animation scripts, automatic clipping V2, an extra large preview, SmartCopy, working with 2 cameras, “All in one” image correction, wizards… The intermediate versions 2.1 and 2.2 both offer new animated html styles and the file format “scanz”.
For more information, please consult the functions page.